PPSSPP is a renowned PSP emulator that was first launched for the Android devices. Initially, the Google PlayStore does not give it the permission to be available on its platform. This was the reason why PPSSPP Apk was made available on the official website so that the Android users can download it and play their favorite PSP games on their smartphone without buying a PSP. All they need to have is the ISO or CSO file for the PSP game they wish to play. After the huge success of PPSSPP, the developers launched the revamped version as well and named it at PPSSPP Gold. This time, Google PlayStore gave PSP Gold Apk the permission to be hosted on its platform. The new PSP emulator now had upgraded features and a faster interface. We will learn more about it in the coming article.
What is PPSSPP Gold Apk?
PPSSPP is basically the PSP emulator that lets the users play their favorite PSP games on Android and PC in full HD resolution. The users can also play these games on iOS. The PPSSPP Gold Emulator is the revamped version of the PPSSPP app which is not available for free. The latest features that were added to the Gold version were – the enhanced high-resolution graphics with the upscaled textures, turbo buttons especially for the slow to play RPGs, save the states, and offers faster emulator than any other available PSP emulator. You can even run these games using this emulator on modern Android tablets and smartphones, double the original resolution. You need to remember that even if you go for the paid version of this PSP emulator, you won’t be able to do PPSSPP Gold Games download from it as it doesn’t provide you PSP games. You need to get your own PSP games in ISO or CSO file formats to play them on your phone using this emulator.
Top Features of PPSSPP Gold App
PPSSPP Gold PSP emulator is one of the best PSP emulators that have been ever launched for the Android users. It comes with the preloaded Trojan fixes making the application secure from the Trojans and viruses that might affect the privacy of the device. Here are some of the most powerful features of the revamped PPSSPP Emulator.
- Clean code and powerful performance
- PPSSPP PSP emulator lets you play the games at higher resolutions by simply adjusting the screen size.
- On the PPSSPP Emulator games can be played by customizing the on-screen controller. You can even add an extra keyboard or controller.
- The games can be saved and restored from just any state anytime and from anywhere.
- You can even continue from where you left by just transferring the saves from your PSP.
- One can even crank up the texture scaling and anisotropic filtering.
- Its free version is available for Android, Windows PC, Mac PC, iOS, Blackberry, Linux, Ubuntu, Symbian, Meego, and Pandora.
PPSSPP Compatibility List
The PPSSPP Gold Mod Apk is compatible will almost every Android smartphone that has been launched in the year 2017 or 2018. So, the PPSSPP Gold apk can be installed on most of the Android phones easily and also on many Windows Controllers. Nvidia Shield is the king of Android gaming devices, but unfortunately, it is not future proof and doesn’t support the OpenGL ES 3.0. The devices like Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 are awesome to run PPSSPP Gold rexdl. The PPSSPP app and PPSSPP Games work fabulously well on Samsung S devices. The Moga controllers are the Bluetooth controllers that run on the Android devices for the gaming controls.
You can go ahead with PPSSPP Gold free download from Aptoide store so that you can get its free access. PPSSPP Gold APK Mania website is another source. You will be amazed to learn that PPSSPP Gold Windows version is also available. Any controller that can work on Windows will work with the PPSSPP Gold emulator and those supporting the XInput will get auto-configured after you install PPSSPP apk on your device. The supported PPSSPP controls to play PPSSPP all games are:
- Xbox 360 Controller
- Razer Sabertooth
- Razer Onza Tournament Edition
- Razer Onza
- Logitech F310
- Logitech F510
- Logitech F710
- Xbox One Controller
- PlayStation 3 Controller
- SteelSeries 3DC
- Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
- PlayStation 4 Controller
- 12 button Sabrent Controller
How to Download PPSSPP Gold for Android: Tutorial to Study
Here, we provide you with some of the most relevant steps to download PPSSPP Gold Android version without any hassle. PPSSPP Apk Gold is available for Android on Google PlayStore, but if the Google PlayStore is not working on your device, you can make use of the other method. To proceed with PPSSPP Gold download on Android devices, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The first and foremost step to install the third party application on an Android smartphone is enabling the permissions for ‘Unknown Sources’. To do this, go to the devices’ Settings — Privacy & Security — Unknown Sources — Enable. Once this permission has been enabled, you can download and install any unknown application on your phone that is not available on the Google PlayStore.
- Now, you must download PPSSPP Gold Android from the official website. Though there are many sources, you must download it from this website or its official site.
- Once the file has been download, you must open up the file explorer on your website and then simply search for the downloaded file. Install the PPSSPP Gold apk file after you have found it and follow the screen instructions during the installation.
- Once installed, you must find the PPSSPP Gold icon in the Apps Drawer and click on it to open it.
- Now, you have to import the PSP games in CSO or ISO format to this emulator in order to enjoy playing your favorite game. To proceed with PPSSPP Games for Android free download, you can also make use of torrent to download the PSP games.
PPSSPP Android Games Download: How to get Games on the Emulator
Before you proceed with PPSSPP Game download, you should know that you need the ISO or CSO files of the games you wish to play on your Android phone. The PPSSPP download ISO or CSO files from a torrent. The PPSSPP ISO and CSO files can also be extracted if you convert the PSP games into this format. It can only be done through the Custom Firmware. Install a Custom firmware on your PSP (PPSSPP ROMS) and then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, Insert the UMD into the PSP.
- You should now connect your PSP to the PC using the USB Cable.
- Press ‘Select’ in the PSP menu. If you have installed the Custom Firmware, the menu will pop up. You have to choose the UMD as a USB device.
- Inside the PSP menu, you need to choose the ‘USB Connection’ in the ‘Settings’ menu.
- A folder will pop up on your PC that contains the ISO file. You need to drag it on your hard drive for copying the folder to your PC. The copying will start and will be done according to the size of the game.
- You can even convert the ISO files into the CSO files using the software tools available on the web for saving the space.
Note: If you are having the digital downloads on the PSP, you can use them directly on the PPSSPP. You only need to copy the EBOOT.PBP over. But, this might cause issues with some games if you are running PPSSPP on Android. You can even find PPSSPP Gold Revdl.
How to Download PPSSPP Gold for iOS: Step-By-Step Tutorial
To run PPSSPP Gold iOS version on your iPhone/iPad, ensure that the device is running on the iOS 6 or above version. You will be sad to learn that PPSSPP iOS version is not available officially. But the good news is that you can still use PPSSPP for iOS following this small guide which also available on the official website of ppsspp.org. If you don’t want to visit the site then follow the below-mentioned guide.
- Firstly, you must add the PPSSPP Cydia/APT Repo.
- For doing this, open Cydia and then go to ‘Manage’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Sources’ option.
- Now, click on ‘Edit’ and then on ‘Add’.
- Now, enter the website URL – http://cydia.ppsspp.org/.
- Now, install PPSSPP from Cydia. Click on the ‘Search’ option and then type the phrase ‘PPSSPP’.
- Tap on the PPSSPP package that you want to install.
- Click on ‘Install’ and then on ‘Confirm’.
- The app will be installed on your jailbroken iPhone/iPad. You will now be able to run PSP game through PPSSPP for iPhone.
- The advanced users can install few of the packages using dpkg. If you don’t know about dkpg then the packages are not for you.
How to install PPSSPP Gold for Mac: Complete Guide
The users who wish to enjoy PPSSPP games for Android on Mac PC should know that it is only possible if they have the Mac system running on MAC OSX version 10.7 or above. It will require SDL2 that can be installed on Mac using Homebrew. Here are the steps to run PPSSPP PC version for Mac.
- Firstly install SDL2 using Homebrew.
- Then open up the terminal.
- You must paste the following in the terminal: ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
- Now, follow onscreen instructions and let the installation to complete.
- Now, paste the following into the terminal: brew install sdl2 linzip
- After that, download PPSSPP on your device from the official URL.
How to install PPSSPP Gold for Windows PC: Complete Tutorial
PPSSPP Gold PC version is not available. However, the PPSSPP download for PC is available through the official website. The users who wish to use the PPSSPP for PC free version can directly download it. The users who want to use the PPSSPP Gold PC version should look through the following step to proceed with (Paid Gold version) PPSSPP download Apk on Windows.
- Download any of your favorite Android emulators. It can be Bluestacks, Andy, GeneMotion, or anything else.
- I personally downloaded Bluestacks.
- Now, download the PPSSPP Gold Apk file.
- To run it, you must open the PPSSPP Gold Apk file using Bluestacks and install it.
- You are ready to enjoy the PPSSPP Gold for Windows PC/Laptop.
You require PPSSPP Gold game file(s) to run them on the emulator as it doesn’t provide any game to you from its interface. You should check out the PPSSPP Gold game list to see which games are supported by the emulator.
PPSSPP Best Settings PC, Android Phone, iOS & Mac to Drive Optimal Performance
You can find only a few PPSSPP cheats Android, but one of the best one is driving the best performance while using this stunning emulator. Here are the PPSSPP best settings to get optimal performance.
- Set the alternative speed to 200 by selecting the ‘Simulate Block Transfer’ inside the ‘Graphics’ option.
- In the ‘Graphics’ option itself select ‘Stretch to Play’ option.
- Now, you should tap into ‘Graphics’ one more time to check all the options.
- You can even choose ‘Enhance the Screen Size to 50’.
PPSSPP Gold/ PPSSP Games List – A Few Supported Games
We have formulated a short list of the games that are supported by the free and paid version of this emulator. This list only contains a few games that work fabulously well on the emulator. You can proceed with PPSSPP download games after checking the list of these games.
- Lord of Arcana
- Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
- Ghost Rider
- Metal Slug XX
- Pixel Junk – Monsters
- Burnout Legends
- TNA Impact
- Persona 2
PPSSPP is one of the Ultimate PSP emulators that has been specially launched for the Android user. It even has a premium version which has been named PPSSPP Gold Apk. You can download it from the Aptoide store with ease for free of cost. In this article, we have talked about both paid version and free version. So, do not get confused. Both are one and the same, just the paid version has few better features otherwise the functioning is same.